For Royal HaskoningDHV, a large international consultancy & engineering company.
In Nigeria, Royal HaskoningDHV is active for more than 20 years. Currently our company is succesful in the field of industrial projects for the manufacturing and logistics in Food and FMCG. Our projects are in the field of design, procurement and construction management (EPCM) of industrial facilities & utilities (structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, I&C). For the further expansion of our West African activities from our Lagos office, we are looking for a resident based project director.
Do you like to work on the design of large industrial plants for major international clients in the manufacturing industry?
Do you have extensive experience in project management and engineering and are you able to coordinate design works and to manage technical staff, project quality, budgets and schedules?
Does communication flow through your veins and is leading and growing a cross-cultural project team similar to riding a bike for you?
Are you internationally mobile, do you like travelling and are you willing to commit to work and life in Lagos for >2 years and to start soon?
Then we have the right challenge and opportunity for you!
From our office in Lagos you will be:
- Responsible for our Nigerian based projects in terms of budget, planning and quality.
- Coordinate our Nigerian activities for the large international projects.
- Participate in teams for EPCM projects.
- Manage our local staff.
- Make customer visits in Nigeria and the region.
- Be responsible for the local security arrangements.
- Prepare proposals Job Requirements.
What we need:
- 7-15 years (+) experience in design and management of large manufacturing plants and/or industrial or logistic facilities in an international context, preferably Africa and/or Asia.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering (i.e. civil, structural, mechanical).
- Strong track record in design and construction of manufacturing plants for e.g. foods, beverages, beer, dairy, flavours, fragrances, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, electronics – preferably within a Large engineering company.
- Able to ensure that project deliverables meet client quality and time requirements.
- Able to manage financial project results, including e.g. cost, profit, working capital and cash flow management, optimising resources and managing project changes.
- Able to lead and build design teams, including aspects like quality of work, technical capability, personal development, team utilisation and generating enthusiasm and drive to succeed and grow.
- Able to support and coordinate the development of proposals.
- Excellent proficiency in the English language, proficiency in an additional language will be appreciated:
- Cross cultural team player with strong individual/communication skills.
- Internationally mobile, willing to relocate to Lagos and willing to travel for short-term missions.
Offer / What we offer
- International growth opportunities in working on challenging projects for international manufacturers in leading market niches.
- A reliable and attractive employer, with a sturdy and recognised international market position, who will provide you with abundant personal and professional development opportunities.
- Competitive salary and package.