To oversee the management of a building services contracting company with a staff strength of in excess of 300 people.
To ensure that corporate goals are met in a timely fashion as well as drive quality in all aspects of business operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Plan and coordinate daily business operations with a view to improving overall efficiency
• Work with/supervise departmental heads and staff
• Monitor financial and human resource performance and projections of the business
• Make presentations to and compile reports for the Managing Director and executive board
• Drive quality service delivery by enforcing organizations standards and developing new ones for improved efficiency.
Decision Making Authority/Approval/Authorization Level:• Expected to consult with the Managing Director on issues outside normal parameters of work
Challenge of the job/problem solving:
• To be able to work to strict deadlines
• Our company is made up of a diverse range of employees from various nationalities and cultures; candidates must have a proven ability to work in a multi cultural environment
• Have the ability to solve problems on own initiative
Contact with others:
• Needs to be able to work as a team player in a medium sized Building Services Contracting Company
Knowledge & Qualifications:
• The ideal candidate should preferably have a qualification as an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer.
• A Project Management or MBA would be will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 10 years practical work experience in the Building services industry with profit and loss responsibilities.
• Technical knowledge of all building service engineering including M&E, HV/LV, HVAC is required.
• Proficiency in written & oral English
• Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and comprehensive understanding of MS Office and Project.
Training/Special Skills Required:
• Must be a dependable team player
• Must have deep understanding of building services engineering and contracting
• Must be self-motivated with the desire to deliver quality work in a professional and timely manner without direct supervision
• Have a good understanding of Health, safety and Environment(HSE)
• Possess good problem solving and conflict management skills
• Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive members and support staff
• Must possess the ability to adjust to, cope with, and appreciate cultural differences.