For Brassivoire, part of the Heineken Company, in Ivory Coast. The Legal Manager/Company Lawyer will be responsible for the coordination of all legal aspects of the company. Good legal experience (min 7-10 years) required. Direct report to the General Manager.
Purpose of the Job:
To identify and manage legal risk in a commercial and pragmatic way and in support of the work of the General Manager and Finance Manager of Brassivoire.
To support and facilitate the work of Global Legal Affairs by identifying and managing legal risks to the Brassivoire’s interests in Ivory Coast and using best endeavours to ensure that all business activities in Ivory Coast are carried out in compliance with relevant laws, Heineken – & CFAO policies and strategy.
• Law degree and right to practice in Ivory Coast.
• Local language.
• Significant and relevant post-qualification experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial and corporate agreements.
• Experience in developing and rolling-out engaging and effective legal training to non-lawyers.
• Experience in alcohol/beverage sector or advising other brand-led businesses.
• Highest levels of personal integrity, honesty and professionalism.
• Ability to work without supervision and handle numerous projects simultaneously.
• Ability to use legal skills, judgement and experience to resolve conflicts between commercial strategy and legal requirements so as to ensure legally compliant and practical outcomes are achieved.
• Highly commercial and pragmatic approach.
• Highly analytical; able to interpret large amounts of complex information from multiple sources, grasp the key issues/opportunities quickly and offer innovative, creative and effective solutions.