To provide leadership and supervision of all daily activities relating to the electrical department inclusive of MVS, LVS, Bus-bar, Fire alarms, CCTV.
To be accountable for all financial requirements of the electrical department, including forecasting and meeting revenue targets, gross margin targets and operating budgets.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Manage and oversee project managers and supervisors in terms of completing performance reviews, employee numbers and attendance, expense reviews, hiring, technical training needs, quality of work, project delivery… etc.
• Provide technical support to the electrical teams, as well as regular and timely resource planning and review to proactively determine project requirements and service work based on skill sets within the department.
• Assist in managing and monitoring electrical team’s operating costs in line with project budget.
• Assist in developing project quotes, proposals, offerings to our clients with our contracts department.
• Responsible for order validation, order management, client/consultant inquiry, engineering, submittals, service operations, project management, technical support and resource allocations for building services.
• Make presentations to and compile reports for upper management
• Work directly with consultants and clients
• Train and effectively transfer expert skills to subordinates.
• All other relevant duties assigned by supervisor.
Decision Making Authority/Approval/Authorization Level:
• Expected to consult with the General Manager on issues outside normal parameters of work
Challenge of the job/problem solving:
• To be able to work to strict deadlines
• Our company is made up of a diverse range of employees from various nationalities and cultures; candidates must have a proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Have the ability to solve problems on own initiative
Contact with others:
• Needs to be able to work as a team player in a medium sized Building Services Contracting Company
Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Relevant trade qualification in Electrical Building services. Evidence of further training up to HNC or HND level will be an advantage.
• 10 to 15 years practical experience in the Building services/construction industry.
• Good working knowledge of all building services is advantageous
• Excellent track record of results executing complex projects on time and on budget
• Strong background in developing and improving work processes and tools to facilitate effective project execution.
• Proficiency in written & oral English
• Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and comprehensive understanding of MS Office and Project.
Training/Special Skills Required:
• Proficient leadership, organizational and supervisory skills.
• Must be a dependable team player.
• Be self-motivated with the desire to deliver quality work in a professional manner without direct supervision
• Possess good problem solving and conflict management skills
• Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive members and support staff
• Possess the desire to achieve and advance within his/her career
• Must possess the ability to be able to adjust to and cope in an atypical environment/setting like Nigeria.