Plant Manager, Hydropower Plant East AfricaWhat are we looking for
Friday, 25 May 2018
- Minimum of a Degree in Electrical / Mechanical or Power Systems Engineering (Masters preferred) or equivalent proven experience. (Copies of academic documents should be certified)
- Post Graduate qualification in management or other project management qualification.
- Proof of training and experience in ISO 55001:2014 Asset Management standard, ISO 9001 Quality standard for hydropower plants
- Proof of being trained and competency in application of High Voltage and Low voltage plant safety regulations.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Electricity Utilities; at least 10 of which in a senior management role with responsibility for power plant operations
- Demonstrable knowledge of both technical and commercial aspects of the Utility business (At least (3) reference projects).
- Experienced in personnel development, training and capacity building (at least (2) reference projects).
- Work experience in a project located in developing country (At least (1) reference project).
- Must have a sufficient work experience in Europe / America/Australian experience in hydropower plant operations.
- Experience in establishing systems and processes in operations on new power plants
- Awareness of modern trends and initiatives in hydropower plant operations sustainability