For Brassivoire, part of the Heineken company, in Ivory Coast.
• Generation of Consumer and Customer Insights that drive channels Strategies and activations
• Incorporation of brands strategies and objectives into channel strategies and plans
• Development, execution and evaluation of channel Strategies and activation for sustainable and profitable growth of Brassivoire portfolio and brands by channel.
• Data and Perfect execution management
• POSM Management
• Commercial Asset Management
1. Shopper (off-Trade) and on-Trade consumers insights
• Uses research and other sources of information to create strategic insights that anticipate and react to shopper/on-trade consumer behaviour and competitor trends
• Creates shopper/on-trade Consumer Profiles to identify the key drivers of POP consumption/ purchase
• Ensures Marketing and Sales are well informed of true insights and incorporate them into their strategies and plans
• Generates and recommends innovation opportunities for the channel.
2. Channels Strategies
• Champions channel thinking across Brassivoire
• Develops winning channel strategies with SMART objectives, based on clear channel priorities, optimal brand/SKU mix per channel and shopper/on-trade consumer drivers (addressing “where to play” and “how to win”)
• Aligns functions to channel strategy to deliver an integrated commercial strategy
• Ensures channel strategy drives RTM strategy
• Drives the process to align Brassivoire resources behind channel strategies
• Ensures that channel strategy and channel investment guidelines/structure are coherent and that customer investment policies support the stated channel strategy
• Ensures that channel strategies and programmes deliver Brassivoire profitability objectives
• Ensures Trade Marketing resources are aligned to channel strategies.•
3. Channels activation Plan
• Champions the integration of Marketing and Sales, aligning sales, channel and brand plans
• Ensures Brassivoire ambition and objectives are delivered by the plans
• Challenges budget assumptions and allocations to deliver the highest channel profitability
• Drives innovative thinking for channel activation planning
• Sets SMART objectives
• Efficiently allocates budgets
• Develop POSM solutions & promotion programs.
• Motivate Customers to execute against channel activation plans through centrally coordinated incentive plans (Loyalty Program and other incentive programs).
• Link brand campaigns through-the-line to channels.
• Develop implementation guidelines in sales kit for the sales force
• Develop promotional strategies & objectives to communicate efficiently Brassivoire brands positioning in right channels in collaboration with Brand Managers.
• Drive evaluation of promotional activities executed by Channels development managers in order to meet brands objectives.
• Identify new promotional opportunities expected to drive better brands experience.
• Management of BTL Agencies•
• Develop and yearly ensure update of POSM pyramids by channels, by brands aligned to brands guidelines and outlets standards
• Initiate annual and ad hoc POSM orders , follow up of suppliers with Logistics
• Drive and Evaluate deployment and efficiency of brands visibility in right channels & right outlets
6. Commercial Asset Management
• Create and execute the commercial asset strategy to maximise resource utilisation and return on investment.
• Develops profitability insights and conclusions, and incorporates them into channel strategies and plans to maximize profitability
• Ensures effective use of local channel profitability model
• Ensures Trade Marketing works effectively with Finance, Marketing and Sales to develop profitability model and optimise profitability
• Consistently tracks and optimises ROI on Trade Marketing spend •
8. Budget management & cost effectiveness
• Monitor budget management per channels, per brands & cost effectiveness of all trade marketing activities
9. Excellence in Execution to deliver ‘Perfect Outlets’.
• Ensures cross-functional alignment and commitment to execute key activities
• Sets challenging performance standards
• Champions execution effectiveness through consistent evaluation and applying cross-category lessons learned
• Set up and coordinate efforts to develop and deliver POS and merchandising materials on time.
• Set up, train and monitor implementation of merchandising standards.
• Maintain POSM database. Organise periodic trade census data collection and analysis
• Maintain Commercial Kit to improve knowledge and presentation by Sales team.
• Conduct regular trade visits to gain knowledge of customer & consumer dynamics, execution of Channel activities.
10. People & capabilities development
• Identify individual needs of the trade marketing team and evaluate them in ways that are important to them.
• Coaching & development of each member of the TM team to bring them to the next level of professionalism.
• Detect new talents and ensure good succession within the trade marketing department.
• Demonstrate clear understanding of portfolio and brand strategies & plans ( positioning, communication guidelines and consumption curves)
• Demonstrate clear understanding of consumer and customer profile, needs, behaviours and trends by channel
• Demonstrate clear understanding of key business drivers by channel and customer type, Sales organisation and competitor strategies
• Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of Heineken NV Consumer Insights Generation, BWC (building winning Channels), BWP (Building Winning Portfolio)
• Broad functional experience in areas of sales, market development, market research and planning, promotions/advertising
• Control of Excel and PowerPoint
• Project Management
• Finance for non-financial managers